When to Make Waterton Reservations?

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Carol Lynn
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

When to Make Waterton Reservations?

Post by Carol Lynn »

I booked my Glacier 2015 hotel reservations the first day I was able so I have those secured. I will also be staying 2 nights at Waterton in July 2015 and I need some advice as to when I should make those reservations. Hopefully not a year in advance also :roll:

And if anyone has a recommendation for a medium grade hotel/motel I would appreciate knowing that as well.

Thanks!
trevbo
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: When to Make Waterton Reservations?

Post by trevbo »

I've stayed at waterton lakes lodge and also the bayshore inn with my family. Rooms are ok, rooms at the bayshore inn seem a bit older and more motel style. We like the restaurant at waterton lakes lodge and the fact the lodge operates a swimming pool and hot tub (great if you have young kids) and appreciate that the pool's open to the public even if you are camping or staying at a different hotel. The price for rooms at both places are overpriced IMO esp. at peak season but I don't think it possible to get better value for a hotel in peak season. I would book well in advance for peak season (maybe not a full year in advance but 6 months if you are coming from far away).

The prince of Wales is pretty cool but rather than stay there I'd sooner stay in town as it's pretty pricy. Would still recommend stopping by the prince of Wales for a drink or a meal.

Return to “Lodging”