Eastside camping supplies

Well, what's the best and what's the worst? Let's talk about all those things we carry to make our trips more comfortable...

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

karstmd
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Eastside camping supplies

Post by karstmd »

Returning after three years and I don't remember the supply options on the east side. Particularly interested in MSR and Jetboil fuel purchases, grocery and freeze-dried selection. Of course if we do need to shop in Great Falls, I guess Scheels is the place. I like to support local shops though as in the long run it helps us all out.
Just car camping except for Sperry Chalet, but we'll do some standards and a few long day hikes.
tjholyoke

Re: Eastside camping supplies

Post by tjholyoke »

I think that the lodge in St. Mary has backpacking supplies in the outdoor store they have there. I would guess they might be pricey, but I think I remember seeing them there.
ND Sol
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by ND Sol »

Last year the Park Café and Grocery in St. Mary (406.732.4482) was kind enough to hold two Primus gas canisters for us in the back with my name on them. I was concerned about availability since we were coming in the middle of September and didn't want them to be sold out. I let them know that we weren't going to pick them up since we had to cancel our trip. I may have to try to do that again this year depending on some other logistics (not the cancel part :) ).
karstmd
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by karstmd »

Thanks!! I contacted both and they have freeze-dried. Probably have to buy fuel in Great Falls though. In East Glacier, the Glacier Trading Co. is well stocked and you can see that from the website. I talked to Alex who works there, a fellow Jetboil user...gets his by mail I guess.

Return to “Backpacking Gear and Such”