Ok I promised a trip report....

Well, tell us how your trip went. We all want to hear about your special experience.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

rjm
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by rjm »

Six and a half miles of trail to Lincoln Pass, just past Sperry Chalet, then a short scramble up Lincoln Peak. Dorf has photos.
You can sort of see some of the Falls from Apgar Lookout, which is a lot easier trip, but a lot further away.
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Thanks rjm! Guess I had better look into the helicopter trip (might make a good birthday present to hubby & me)... seems like from reading on here that it is a long haul to Sperry Chalet, so doubt we could make that in a day hike.

Thanks again.
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
dorf

Post by dorf »

Once you make it up to the Chalet you've got it licked. maybe another 45 minutes to the "Summit". Grab some pricey dinner at the chalet then coast downhill to Lake McD lodge after eating.

I'd post a picture but I failed to pay for my site hosting on time :oops:

Maybe tomorrow.
So many mountains, so little time.
nickiduca

Pics of the bears:-)

Post by nickiduca »

Can you please tell me how you got the pics of those BEAUTIFUL!!! GRIZZLIES:-) Where exactly is this bear habitat, we will be arriving in GNP on Sat the 23rd.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels

Re: Pics of the bears:-)

Post by daveparker »

nickiduca wrote:Can you please tell me how you got the pics of those BEAUTIFUL!!! GRIZZLIES:-) Where exactly is this bear habitat, we will be arriving in GNP on Sat the 23rd.
Nick,

It was explained a couple times in this thread on where he got the pictures, please read through the thread and the answer will be revealed to you.

Dave
Rose
Donator
Donator

Post by Rose »

Okay... I guess the "old age" syndrome :D has kicked in as I am now totally confused about the trail to get to see the lakes that were in bbass' photos.

What trail do you take? And where does it start? According to Dorf it ends at Lake McDonald. How many miles total?

I was thinking (key word here is "was") that the Gunsight Lake trail was the one that went to Sperry Chalet, over the pass and down to Lake McDonald. Have I totally missed something? :?:

Guess I had better get those Glacier books back out!
~Dreams Often Become Realities~
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator

Post by llholmes1948 »

I think Dorf was talking about hiking to Sperry Chalet, then to Lincoln Pass, then from Lincoln Pass the relatively short climb to Lincoln Peak itself. (But of course Dorf can clarify what he was thinking!)

Lyman

Return to “Trip Reports”