Bears hump

If you have questions, comment or experiences in Waterton Park in Canada, please post them in this section, although Glacier is the Focus, Waterton is the sister that has much to offer.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

danlowery

Bears hump

Post by danlowery »

Hi- my wife and I and another couple are visiting waterton for couple nights in early September. Anyone know status of bears hump trail? Carthew-Alderson Anderson trail? Access to Cameron lake?

Thanks
Dan
al_in_al
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Bears hump

Post by al_in_al »

I haven’t been to Waterton this year, but this is the page I’ve been following to see what’s open and closed there. I read somewhere that they’re working on reconstructing the Bears Hump trail now.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/watert ... uvert-open
danlowery

Post by danlowery »

Thanks, Al. Looks like crypts lake trail is open. May try that one if bears hump isn’t open. Was considering doing kootenai lakes trip/ bears hump in one day vs. crypts lake.

Thanks again!
Dan
MarxMN
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Post by MarxMN »

Bear's Hump trail is not open. It is being re-constructed.

We hiked the Bertha Lake trail on Wednesday. It is open and had a lot of people on it. Most of the trail is through burned area but the area around Lower Bertha Falls, the trail past the Upper Falls and the area around Bertha Lake did not burn. There is no shade from a short way past the trail head until Lower Bertha Falls.

Bill

Return to “Waterton Park..”