Cheap (or the least expensive) lodging Lake McDonald Lodge

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

DonnaGail
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Cheap (or the least expensive) lodging Lake McDonald Lodge

Post by DonnaGail »

I am hoping to get a permit after March 15th 2016 but until then I need to figure out which places still have rooms available near the Lake McDonald Gunsight TH, if my permit is issued. Since I will coming from the east side of the park and taking the free shuttle to Lake McDonald, I will not have a car. Can anyone give me some ideas of the less expensive places to stay that I can check as soon as my permit is issued? Someone mentioned in a forum email the Snyder building which I can't find anywhere on the Parks website. I need several options to look at in case of unavailability. I'm giving the Park an Aug 1 to Sept 5th date range in hopes to snag my ideal permit so there is no way I book something earlier than the date the permit is issued.
Jen

Re: Cheap (or the least expensive) lodging Lake McDonald Lod

Post by Jen »

I did a quick search and was surprised to Find the Snyder Rooms at Lake McDonald were $105 this year. I Have been wanting to stay there and I am pretty sure last I checked the rooms were $89. :(
al_in_al
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Cheap (or the least expensive) lodging Lake McDonald Lod

Post by al_in_al »

Here's a link that describes the Snyder Building, and shows all the Lake McDonald Lodge prices: http://www.glaciernationalparklodges.co ... ald-lodge/

I paid $90.95 last year. Nice place to stay for a night before heading up to Sperry. Use the 'Book Your Trip' link to search for availability. Right now there is a Snyder room available on July 31, but not one on Aug 1.

Glacier Park Inc has Motel Lake McDonald: http://www.glacierparkinc.com/lodging/m ... -mcdonald/

I haven't stayed there, but I think it would be your only other option in the area.

Return to “Lodging”